BuildPiper is a one-stop solution for managing the entire lifecycle of a containerized application. From setting up an environment to building and deploying applications, everything is available as a plug-and-play solution and can be fully customized to meet customer needs.
Here, in this blog, we’ll explore the latest features of BuildPiper, providing an in-depth look at how the platform has evolved to meet the needs of modern development teams. We’ll also highlight the key enhancements, including automation, scalability, customisation, collaboration, monitoring and reporting.
This blog will provide valuable insights into the latest features that can help teams improve their development process and stay ahead of the curve. So, let’s dive in and explore the latest features of BuildPiper.
An Introduction to BuildPiper
BuildPiper is a comprehensive platform designed specifically for developers and engineering teams. It offers a complete end-to-end solution for managing Kubernetes and microservices applications delivery, enabling teams to easily and securely onboard and manage applications. With BuildPiper, teams can run fully automated and secure CI/CD pipelines, without requiring manual intervention.
The platform provides all the necessary features and tools to comply with infrastructural requirements, while also offering a solid foundation for growth and scalability. It incorporates modern approaches of CI, CD, GitOps, Observability, Compliance and more. Additionally, BuildPiper seamlessly integrates with popular industry tools such as JIRA, SLACK, MS Teams, EFK and Prometheus/Grafana, allowing teams to use their preferred tools alongside BuildPiper.
Why BuildPiper Should Be Your Go-To Platform?
BuildPiper offers a comprehensive solution for managing Kubernetes and Microservices applications that sets it apart from other platforms. Here are a few reasons why BuildPiper is a great choice for managing Kubernetes and Microservices management:
- End-to-End Application Lifecycle Management: BuildPiper provides a complete solution for managing the entire lifecycle of a containerized application, from environment setup to build and deployment
- Zero-Touch Automation: BuildPiper empowers teams to run zero-touch, fully automated and secured CI/CD pipelines, saving time and reducing errors.
- Integration with other Tools: BuildPiper seamlessly integrates with industry-leading tools such as JIRA, Slack, MS Teams, EFK, and Prometheus/Grafana. This improves collaboration and enables teams to work more efficiently. Observability and Compliance: BuildPiper is based on principles such as observability, shift-left, compliance and governance. This helps teams to maintain a high level of security and compliance while ensuring application performance.
- Scalability: BuildPiper provides a robust foundation for growth and scalability with modern approaches like CI, CD and GitOps. Teams can easily scale their application delivery processes as their needs evolve.
- Developer-Centric: BuildPiper is developer and engineering teams’ centric. The platform empowers teams with the tools and capabilities they need for managing Kubernetes and Microservices applications efficiently.
- Hassle-free Service Onboarding: BuildPiper makes it easy to onboard and securely manage Kubernetes and Microservices applications delivery, with a seamless process that reduces complexity and saves time.
- User-Friendly Interface: BuildPiper’s user-friendly interface makes it easy for teams to manage their applications and workflows. With intuitive navigation, BuildPiper provides clear visibility into the status of pipelines and deployments.
BuildPiper empowers teams to work more efficiently, reducing complexity and streamlining the application delivery process from start to finish.
A Deep Dive into BuildPiper’s Latest Features
BuildPiper is an all-in-one solution that enables teams to manage their Kubernetes and Microservices applications in a seamless and efficient manner. The platform has the ability to customize and extend its functionalities to meet user requirements.
GitOps Integration to Accelerate the App Delivery Process
BuildPiper supports comprehensive GitOps-based workflow orchestration to make the software delivery process developer-centric. The platform incorporates crucial checkpoints and approval mechanisms, ensuring smooth and rapid deployments while adhering to standard practices.
Developers can manage the entire application lifecycle, including building, quality validation and source code release to production, using Git workflows and events. The platform allows users to set up event listeners to track events within the Git repository and define actions that get triggered once the listener receives the request. Refer to the doc to know more about Gitops and its implementation in BuildPiper!
Single Console for Build/Deploy
With BuildPiper, teams can initiate builds and deployments through a single, user-friendly console. This console allows for the easy triggering of service builds and deployments. Here’s how you can use it. After signing in to the User Portal, you simply need to select the desired application in the Home Dashboard and then navigate to the Build/Deploy Console. From there, input a few basic details and initiate all necessary builds and deployments with ease.
Real-time Visualization of Deployment Status
BuildPiper offers extensive visualization of deployment status and detailed analytical reports that can identify the potential causes of deployment failures. This feature enables developers to quickly identify, analyze and debug any deployment issues that arise. Once a service is deployed, the team can easily access complete visibility of the deployment status, as well as the status of individual pods. BuildPiper enables a seamless and quick Microservices delivery through,
- Validation of Successful Deployment
- Overview of Deployment Analytics
- Debugging & Troubleshooting
Job Templates and Step Catalog
BuildPiper comes packed as an out-of-the-box and ready-to-use solution without any additional setup required. However, it can also be personalized and adjusted to fit specific needs. By using Job Templates and Step Catalogs, users can modify the product’s functionalities to suit their requirements.
BuildPiper provides pre-configured CI/CD templates, which can be used to create custom Job templates. Each Job comes with a set of pre-configured steps, but users can modify them to alter the product’s behaviour. Teams can choose pre-configured steps from the Step Catalog and even create new steps in the Step Catalog.
Jira Integration with CI/CD Pipeline
BuildPiper has introduced a new functionality that enables users to examine and evaluate the entire workflow of their CI/CD pipelines. This feature is equipped with Jira integration capabilities that allow DevOps teams to monitor issues throughout the pipelines. By creating Jobs within the pipeline, users can create, update and resolve Jira tickets, thereby providing a comprehensive overview of the pipeline’s progress.
Manage K8s & Microservices with BuildPiper
With its ability to run zero-touch, fully-automated & secured CI/CD pipelines, BuildPiper helps in making Kubernetes- Microservices application ready. Additionally, BuildPiper offers customizable Job templates and Step Catalogs, enabling users to tailor the product behaviour to meet specific requirements. This flexibility ensures that the service delivery is optimized for the unique needs of each enterprise.
Furthermore, BuildPiper’s Jira integration functionality allows seamless tracking of issues across the delivery pipeline. This feature ensures that potential roadblocks are identified and addressed promptly, minimizing the risk of delays or failures in the delivery process. By leveraging these capabilities, enterprises can improve the speed, reliability and efficiency of their Kubernetes and Microservices delivery processes.
Explore other interesting features of this powerful Microservices DevSecOps platform including Managed Microservices, Managed Kubernetes and Secured CI/CD Pipeline setup with complete security, observability & compliance.
Also, you can watch our video tutorials to understand BuildPiper and its functionalities.