Here’s how you can Define Actions using the BuildPiper interface,
- Choose the application.
- Specify the Listener action trigger type. You can choose to trigger the actions via Normal or Pipeline.
When the listener receives a message, it will initiate an action. This action can be triggering a build & deployment of a service in a particular environment. In order to define such an action, you need to specify the service and the job details.
- Select an environment and the service.
- Choose a Job template and then a Job type.
- Finally, click Save to proceed further.
An another action in response to an event occuring in the Git Repo, can be triggering a specific pipeline. For this,
- You need to choose pipeline as an option to trigger listener action.
- Once the listener receives a message, it will invoke an action. As a result, a specific pipeline will get triggered.