BuildPiper allows teams to create an EventListener and define actions that need to be executed in response to the webhook request received. Whenever an event is triggered in the Git repo, a webhook request is sent to the specified URL. As soon as the EventListener receives the message(enclosed within the webhook request), it executes the defined actions.
GitOps implementation with BuildPiper mainly involves the following processes:
1. Integration of Git Repositories with BuildPiper
2. Adding an Event Listener
3. Defining Actions
Here is how you can integrate the repositories (where you have configured the webhook) with BuildPiper. In order to do this, you need to follow these simple steps:
From the Home dashboard of BuildPiper- go to Repo Integration.
Click on Add Repo.
Choose the Repo type from the code repositories supported by BuildPiper which include,
- As in this example, we have chosen integration with a GitHub account. So, we need to fill in the GitHub integration settings. Similarly, if you choose Bitbucket and GitLab, then you need to specify the Bitbucket/GitLab integration settings.
- Specify the GitRepo name.
- Select a Secret name or you can even add new secret details.
- Enter the Git URL that you want to integrate.
- Click on the test connection.
- Finally, click on the save button.