This strategy is best for feature testing on a subset of users!
A/B testing deployment strategy comprises testing a new functionality under specific conditions on a subset of users. This technique is primarily used to test the conversion of a given feature and then roll out the version that converts the most. In simpler words, it is a way to compare two versions of something to determine which performs better.
In an A/B test, some percentage of users receives “version A” and other receives “version B. Here is a list of conditions that can be used to distribute traffic amongst the versions:
- By browser cookie
- Query parameters
- Technology support: browser version, screen size, operating system, etc
The benefits of Kubernetes A/B testing strategy include,
- This strategy enables a comparative analysis of testing metrics for making a well-informed decision.
- Reduces the deployment risks.
- Several versions can run in parallel.
- There is full control over the traffic distribution.